16 octobre 2019 - EU Parliament event ‘Transforming Breast Cancer Together: The Next 5 Years to Reimagine the Future of Breast Cancer Care in the EU'
Mona Elzayat, présidente de Europa Donna (Europe) est un des speakers à la table ronde .
Europa Donna Belgium participe à cet évènement.
On 16 October EUROPA DONNA – The European Breast Cancer Coalition President Mona Elzayat spoke at the European Parliament event ‘Transforming Breast Cancer Together: The Next 5 Years to Reimagine the Future of Breast Cancer Care in the EU.’ Mona spoke about EUROPA DONNA’s policy initiatives over the years and the need to work together to get the European Parliament resolutions of 2003 and 2006 as well as the Written Declarations of 2010 and 2015 implemented. She spoke about the need for mammography screening to be set up according to EU Guidelines and for the implementation of specialist breast units for all women diagnosed with breast cancer.
“We have made a lot of progress but there is still a lot more that needs to be done to ensure that all women in all European countries have access to high quality breast services. We look forward to working with members of the European Parliament on these important initiatives over the next 5 years” said Mona Elzayat.
The ‘Transforming Breast Cancer Together: The Next 5 Years to Reimagine the Future of Breast Cancer Care in the EU’ event was hosted by MEP Cristian-Silviu Bușoi and the Transforming Breast Cancer Together (‘TBCT’) Initiative. The aim of the event was to leverage the current policy momentum to discuss what can and needs to be done on breast cancer policy during the next five years and gain the support of new MEPs to participate in the TBCT Initiative.
The event brought together a distinguished panel of speakers, comprised of:
• Cristian-Silviu Bușoi, Member of the European Parliament
• Mona Elzayat, President, Europa Donna – The European Breast Cancer Coalition
• Patrizia Toia, Member of the European Parliament
• Elena Kountoura, Member of the European Parliament
• Isabel T. Rubio MD, President-elect, European Society of Breast Cancer Specialists (EUSOMA) and Board Member, European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO)
• Martin Seychell, Deputy Director-General, DG SANTÉ, European Commission
• Ciaràn Nicholl, Head of Unit, F1“Health in Society”, JRC, European Commission
• Kathi Apostolidis, President, European Cancer Patient Coalition (ECPC)